Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Thing 24: Google Drawing

Holy rabbit hole Batman!!!  Google Draw is way cool, and the Tony Vincent post just keeps going and going with great ideas!  I'm in love!!!!!  I could have spent hours clicking on all his links.  I bookmarked it for later.

I watched the quick video by Jocelynn Buckentin, and that was extremely helpful, I learned how to use the connecting line tool and how to insert an image that was a gif (also, adding png to the end of my search for something transparent).

Then I clicked on the Tony Vincent post and I learned a whole lot more.  I could spend hours clicking and reading all these links.  I learned how to make my fill colors transparent so when my Venn Diagram overlaps it makes a new color, that was cool. 

Tony had links to lots of already made drawings (don't work hard, work smart).  I get overwhelmed when I think about creating everything, so I found all the ready made drawings a life saver.  RCSD read the book "Shake Up Learning" By Kasey Bell, so it was neat to see that she had some Google Drawing ideas I could use.

I really didn't know anything about Google Drawing, like Tony (maybe someone else) said, the thought of creating something in Google Docs was overwhelming because it was so time consuming, Google Draw is very user-friendly.  One common thread I saw on all these posts was how "under used" Google Draw is, and they're right.  I never use Google Draw.  But I'm going to use it now!

I like the idea of creating a book and assigning each student a page in Google Draw.  I also liked the idea of creating a graphic organizer, making a copy and assigning it to all the students to work on, that was genius and I hadn't considered it.  All the ideas I read about were things I really hadn't considered, didn't even realize they were a possibility.

You can view my test Google Drawing Document here:
Practice Google Drawing

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad you loved Google Draw - me too. I hadn't used it very much until I took a course Tony Vincent was teaching. Such a handy tool and free. Tony's resources are endless and really useful.

    ReplyDelete