Monday, February 18, 2019

Thing 3: Photo Fun!

I take a lot of pictures of my students and I regularly share them on social media.  My school is big into twitter right now, and that's a little out of my comfort level, but I've been trying (I'm more of a FB person, and I have an Instagram account, but I only stalk people there, I don't post anything).  I take pictures, tweet them out, and tag our school; I'm trying to bring awareness of my school community (refugees and immigrants) and show the world the kinds of cool things my school is doing.

I downloaded the app Snapseed and I tried that out.  I watch the Youtube tutorial and I played around with 2 of my pictures (changing the contrast, the brightness and saturation); I thought that was cool.  While watching the tutorial my husband walked by and was like "I use snapseed for all my pictures, want me to help you?"  No, don't help me, I can figure it out myself.  The guy on the tutorial said all the pictures you take should be tweaked a little bit, to give them life.  I was amazed at how much more life like the woman seemed after he used those editing tools.

I thought #bookface was funny, but I'd never do that.  Reading through all the topics and suggestions, I really thought I might set up a public Instagram account for my classroom.  I don't like it when students try to friend me on Facebook, but Instagram would be alright, and then the students could show their parents what we're doing in class.  So I think that will be my next project.

My photo risk today was trying out Snapseed, and then I also went to Big Huge Labs and I made an Andy Warhol pop art masterpiece that I will try to upload here to this blog (I'm kind of clever, so I feel like that's doable for me #techchallenged).  I actually loved how the pop art turned out, I can see myself doing this for my class all the time.  I have a class set of ipads, so I think I'm going to request snapseed as an app on my ipads and let my students take and edit pictures.


1 comment:

  1. Terrific! The poster came out great. Love the Andy Warhol look. And great that you told your husband you could figure it out on your own! Nice to know he could help out in a pinch though. Great work!

    ReplyDelete